ROSiE (Responsible Open Science in Europe) is a three-year project (2021-2024) funded by HORIZON2020. Its mission is to co-create with all related stakeholders novel practical tools to foster a responsible open science and citizen science. ROSiE aims to provide customized solutions through an interdisciplinary knowledge hub bound to actively pursuing open approaches in science and research, while complying with relevant legal frameworks and ethical standards.
To reach its objectives, ROSiE will:
- EXPLORE – Provide a systematic inventory of RE/RI, social, and legal implications and challenges of OS; and of existing technologies and platforms that safeguard responsible OS.
- ENGAGE – Conduct consultation and stakeholders engagement aimed at creating and sustaining a community of practice involving all European stakeholders interested in OS and RE/RI.
- GUIDE – Conduct a strategic policy assessment for promoting responsible OS and, utilising a reflective equilibrium process, develop operational guidelines for relevant stakeholders, including a complement of the European Codi of Conduct for Research Integrity.
- EQUIP – Develop a RE/RI knowledge hub for OS and training materials for RE/RI aspects of OS
AVOTT (TSV) is involved in several tasks of which the most central ones are the following three tasks:
- WP5 - GUIDE: Facilitating the use of Responsible Open Science - best practice guidelines and new policy framework: WP5 will produce and coordinate the mapping of the current OS public policies in Europe, and lead the project ́s GUIDE phase through the development of a detailed strategic policy assessment and operational guidelines (Task 5.4) which are aiming at the promotion of responsible OS and complementing the European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity (ECoC). Read more about WP5
- WP6 - EXPLORE, GUIDE, and EQUIP: The ROSiE Knowledge Hub for Open Science: The ROSiE Knowledge Hub will be a platform that is being designed to openly funnel the project’s results and outputs in a user-friendly way. The content will be organized in different thematic, open science-related, sections that will focus on the following: research ethics, research integrity, social issues of open science, legal issues of open science, training in open science, open science infrastructures, and policy issues of open science. Read more about WP6
WP7 - EQUIP: Training materials for promoting responsible practice of Open Science: The ROSiE training materials will be aimed at the following groups of trainees: (i) students, (ii) early career researchers, (iii) experienced researchers and (iv) citizen scientists. For each group of trainees in each field of science - natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, health and life sciences. The developed training materials will be tested in various types of institutional and educational settings. Read more about WP7
Elina Koivisto works at AVOTT (TSV) as a senior specialist of the project.
Learn more about the project from the ROSiE consortium website. You can also follow ROSiE on Twitter (@rosie_open).
More information: Elina Koivisto (elina.koivisto(at)tsv.fi)