How can open knowledge produce sustainability transformation? How can climate change and loss of diversity be managed and mitigated through long-term environmental monitoring? How can research data that supports sustainability be used more effectively? The Open Science Summer Conference 2022 will explore the junctions between sustainability and open science.
This is a multilocal hybrid event, and you can participate in Helsinki, Jyväskylä or online. Please note that the event is mainly in Finnish.
- Registration: Helsinki 31.5 (limited number of seats), online 1.6.
Aalto University Töölö, Runeberginkatu 14–16
- Registration: Jyväskylä 31.5 (limited number of seats), online 1.6.
Lähde, Jyväskylän yliopisto, Seminaarinkatu 15B
- Registration: online 31.5–1.6.
11.30 Welcome (Eeva Primmer, Research Director, Finnish Environment Institute)
- 11.35 Leif Schulman, Director General, Finnish Environment Institute
- 11.45 Juhani Damski, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of the Environment
- 12.00 Comment
- 12.10 Taina Pihlajaniemi, Vice Rector for Research, University of Oulu; chair, the National Open Science and Research Steering Group)
- 12.25 Markku Ollikainen, chair, The Finnish Climate Change Panel
13.45 News from the Open Science and Research Coordination; open education awards (Henriikka Mustajoki, Secretary General, Open Science)
14.15 Panel Discussion: New and old open data supporting a sustainable society
15.30 Insights of the day
9.00 Open Science Expert Panel meetings.
12.00 Joint meeting for all expert panels
13.30 Working groups
- 13.30 Roadmap for the professionalisation of data management experts
- 14.30 Data Training
Photo: Kai Widell