EDIT: The recording is available on EOSC-FF YouTube channel. The presentations and MentiMeter results can be found in the shared folder.
How is RDA supporting the EOSC establishment? Community engagement, researchers´ incentives and the RDA WGs are three areas that will be discussed in the webinar. And how Finland can play a role? Join the webinar to know more.
The EOSC Finnish Forum organises a webinar on EOSC & RDA synergies and complementarities on the 25th of March 2021 from 11 am to 13:30 pm EET. Register now!
The webinar aims at discussing the role of the Research Data Alliance initiative (RDA) in the EOSC context with a special focus on the role that RDA can play as organisational and disciplinary engagement enabler for EOSC. Researchers´ incentives and rewards is another topic that will be addressed in the webinar with views from the RDA community and from the Federation of Finnish Learned Societies that is coordinating an EOSC co-creation project tackling the FAIR assessment of data infrastructures. Finally, the webinar will dive into the RDA/EOSC activities performed at national level setting the scene for the final panel discussing the RDA & EOSC synergies and complementarities. The webinar is free of charge and open for all.
11.00–11.05 Welcome & Intro, Sara Garavelli, EOSC Program Manager, CSC – IT Center for Science & EOSC-FF Coordinator
11.05–11.35 RDA & EOSC
- What is RDA and how does it support Open Science? Hilary Hanahoe, RDA Seceretary General
- RDA supporting organisational / disciplinary engagement in EOSC, Timea Biro, Project Manager, Digital Repository of Ireland
11.35–12.10 Researchers´ incentives and rewards
- The RDA Research Assesment Registry, Catriona MacCallum, Director of Open Science, Hindawi
- Case for FAIR assessment data infrastucture, Henriikka Mustajoki, National Head of Development, Federation of Finnish Learned Societies
12.10–12.25 Coffee Break
12.25–12.45 RDA in Finland
- EOSC and ENVRI–Working with a lot of acronyms for Open Science, Ari Asmi, Research Coordinator, University of Helsinki
- From RDA Finland node to the EOSC Finnish Forum, Heidi Laine, CSC – IT Center for Science
12.45–13.25 Panel discussion moderated by Leif Laaksonen
- Ari Asmi, Research Coordinator, University of Helsinki
- Anders Conrad, Head of the Data Management and Storage department, DeiC
- Heidi Laine, CSC – IT Center for Science
- Hilary Hanahoe, RDA Secretary General
13.25–13.30 Closing remarks, Sara Garavelli, EOSC Program Manager, CSC – IT Center for Science & EOSC-FF Coordinator
Are you a Finnish early career or an RDA supporter? Apply to the EOSC-FF Open Call to get a free registration for the next Virtual RDA Plenary, taking place from 20 to 23 April 2021! Read more and submit your application! Deadline for applications is the 29th of March 2021 at 6 pm EET.
Photo: Xavier von Erlach, Unsplash