Aalto University Research Data Management Network organises a biannual webinar series on research data management (RDM) and open science. The webinars are aimed at researchers and students but are open to anyone.
Understanding proper research data management is becoming more and more important to researchers and students across disciplines. Data management plans are increasingly required by funders, and researchers urgently need data management and open science skills to enhance the impact of their research. Safe ways of processing data are particularly important to those working with personal data or confidential data.
Participation is free. No previous knowledge is needed. Participation is free and no prior knowledge is needed. All webinars are held in English.
- Introduction to Scientific and High-Performance Computing | February 2–4, 2022 | Recording (YouTube)
- Introduction to Research Data Management | March 2, 2022, at 1–2.30 PM (EET) | Slides
- How Should Open Software Be Licensed? | March 8, 2022, at 2–3 PM (EET)
- Data Management Plans: a How-to | March 10, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- Handling of Personal Data | March 16, 2022, at 1–2.30 PM (EET) | Registration
- How to Store Research Data | March 17, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- How to Share Research Data Through a Data Repository: A Zenodo Example | March 22, 2022, at 1–2.30 PM (EET) | Registration
- Working with Restricted Datasets | March 24, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- How to Store Sensitive Research Data | March 30, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- Hands-on Data Anonymisation, part I & II | April 4 & 6, 2022, at 11.50 AM–15.00 PM (EET) | Registration
- How to Make Your Research and Code Reproducible and Reusable | April 7, 2022, at 1–2.30 PM (EET) | Registration
- Responsible conduct of research, questionable research practices... and possible cures | April 28, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- Current Trends in Academic Publishing: Publishing in Horizon Europe projects and the emerging Overlay Publishing concept | May 3, 2022, at 1–2.30 PM (EET) | Registration
- Legal Aspects of Research Data | May 5, 2022, at 11.30 AM–12.30 PM (EET) | Registration
- Introduction to the world of Finnish Registry Data | May 10, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- Study Pre-Registration and Registered Reports | May 12, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- School of Electrical Engineering | Basics of Research Data Management | March 29, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- School of Arts, Design and Architecture | Research Data in the Visual Arts | April 26, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) I Registration
Webinar recordings on YouTube
Previous webinars are publicly available on the Aalto Research Services YouTube channel. Please note that not all webinars are recorded and published on YouTube.
- Aalto Research Services channel
- Playlist: Research Data Management and Open Science Autumn 2021
- Playlist: Research Data Management and Open Science Spring 2021
- Playlist: Research Data Management Autumn 2020
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need information or wish to suggest a topic for future RDM training
- If you are interested in face-to-face consultations (individual researchers or research groups)
- If you are interested in ordering a training/workshop on RDM and open science (e.g. for a department, research group, project, doctoral students).